Camping with your horse can be an enjoyable experience, but it’s important to remember to be prepared. In this article, we’ll cover these camping must-have items that you need to ensure a safe and comfortable trip with your horse.
The Camping Must-Have Items
- Conduct a Pre-Trip Check: To avoid complications on the road, make sure to conduct a preflight check on your truck and trailer. This includes ensuring that they are in working order, tires are aired up and ready to go.
- Know Your Horse: Bring a cooler or light blanket for your horse in case they get chilly at night. Traveling can be stressful, so it’s important to bring something comforting for your horse. Also, remember to bring food and drink for both you and your horse. Including electrolyte packets to entice your horse to drink unfamiliar water.
- Plan for Accommodations: Know where your horse will spend the night and bring your own fencing if necessary. Even if corrals are provided, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of conflict.
- Basic First Aid: Bring a first aid kit for you and your horse to be prepared for any injuries or accidents.
- Plan Your Route: Plan your route on a computer or larger screen to avoid any potential traffic issues and to stay aware of the progress of your trip.
- Leave on Time: Plan your departure to avoid heavy traffic during rush hour and ensure a smoother trip.
Remember that the most important thing is to have fun and relax! Camping with your horse should be an enjoyable experience, so don’t stress about the details. Focus on the essentials, like those camping must-have items listed above, and have a great time exploring the great outdoors with your equine companion!
Here is a list of places that I have camped at!
Want to talk about the experiences I have had there? Set up a free consultation!